About the role
We have a new opportunity for experienced and qualified Personal Care Workers to join our Tjilipi Pampaku Ngura Flexible Aged Care facility located in the remote community of Kaltukatjara (Docker River, NT). This busy and rewarding role is offered on a FIFO, permanent, full-time basis.
ARRCS FIFO arrangement consists of 10 weeks on, 2 weeks off - Flights / transport to and from the facility, all meals when on site and accommodation is included in your remuneration package.
We are currently sourcing the following roles:
1 x Personal Care Worker - Female.
Kaltukatjara is a remote indigenous community located 725kms southwest of Alice Springs. The population in the community is around 380 people. Tjilipi Pampaku Ngura Flexible Care (meaning "old man old lady home") currently houses 19 residents and we also provide services to clients in the community.
Your role as a Personal Care Worker will see you providing care and support within the facility undertaking cleaning, bed making, personal care including grooming, showering, and dressing, mobility and assistance with meals.
These roles suit committed people who have care and compassion and enjoy interacting with our consumers within our facilities. You will be comfortable working on a FIFO roster and enjoy working in a remote community within the NT and supporting the flexible living of our First Nation residents.
Benefits of working for us
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Darwin, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD:
- Annual pay increases in accordance to our Enterprise Agreement.
- Above award hourly rates that are penalty driven.
- Salary Packaging through CBB
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Home Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is to passionately pursue new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with a purpose to genuinely connect with the communities we serve and enable our clients to live with pride and dignity.
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, you must submit a resume identifying the following skills and experience:
- Certificate III or higher in Aged Care, Disability or Individual Care.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the activities of daily living in an Aged Care setting.
- Demonstrated effective and clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions relevant to the role.
Before applying you need to have these things
- You must have a National Police Check within the last 3 months of commencement or willingness to lodge prior.
- Provide evidence of Influenza Vaccination.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- First Aid Certificate (Or proof of enrolment).
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
If you would like more information on this role, please refer to the attached position description or contact the Talent Acquisition team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8982 5222.
Join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!