About the role
Working within the ARRCS First Nations Program team, ARRCS are actively sourcing a First Nations Career Specialist to join the team on a permanent, full-time basis.
This role can be based in either Darwin or Katherine and will primarily see you working with new and existing trainees to support career pathways and lifestyle plans in Aged and Disability care. In addition, you will work with your colleagues by providing strong advocacy for First Nations and maintaining their connection to community.
This role would ideally suit a positive and proactive candidate who is wishing to support the career an lifestyle of our First Nation people. You will be confident to speak out in public, approach staff and provide guidance and mentorship 4to them.
Benefits of working for us
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave + 17.5% Leave Loading.
- Annual pay rise in accordance with our current enterprise agreement.
- Salary Packaging through CBB (Approx. an additional $200 extra per fortnight in your bank!)
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, we will be looking at the following experience and qualifications:
- Preferable, however not essential to have the knowledge and ability to speak in Aboriginal language.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the cultural requirements of indigenous people and their families.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, preferably in a mentoring capacity.
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and with preference to youth.
- Initiative to work autonomously and sound judgement.
- Ability to follow systems and processes to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to reflect on own performance and seek guidance when required.
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative to maximise positive outcome.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles is the key to the success of our Consumer Centered Service Delivery.
Before applying, you need to have the following:
All ARRCS employees are required to have the following. These are not required at time of application, however, must be lodged and or received at commencement.
- A current resume demonstrating the required experience and 2 x references.
- A current or willingness to obtain a National Police Check dated within the last 3 months.
- Current Influenza Vaccination and COVID -19 Vaccination including boosters.
- A current Ochre Card (Working with Children) or NDIS Screening check or proof of application.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email@example.com or phone 08 8982 5222.