About the role
Our First Nations team are actively souring a Cultural Specialist to join their team in Alice Springs on a casual basis.
This role will see you working ad hoc hours pending business needs and your availability with your core responsibility to support the delivery of our First Nations programs to ensure our First Nations residents and clients to remain connected to their culture and country.
You will provide strong advocacy to ensure their voices are heard and maintain a feeling of connection and belonging.
This role would suit a self-starter who is proactive and able to work independently. You will be comfortable in working casual hours on a flexible roster. Some travel across the NT maybe required in this role.
Benefits of working for us
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- A 25% casual loading included in your hourly rate.
- A 1.75% pay rise every 6 months (Jan/Jul) for the life of our current Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary Packaging through CBB (Approx. an additional $200 extra per fortnight in your bank!)
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, we will be looking at the following experience and qualifications:
- First Aid Certificate or registration for future attendance.
- Ability to speak local First Nations language and communicate effectively with First Nations people.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the cultural requirements of indigenous people and their families.
- Ability to use own initiative, work autonomously with sound judgement.
- Prior experience working preferably within a not for profit environment supporting First Nations.
About ARRCS - Who are we?
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles is the key to the success of our Consumer Centered Service Delivery.
Before applying, you need to have the following
All ARRCS employees are required to have the following. These are not required at time of application, however, must be lodged and or received at commencement.
- A current resume demonstrating the required experience and 2 x references
- A National Police Check dated within the last 3 months of commencing.
- Current Influenza Vaccination and COVID -19 Vaccination including boosters.
- A current Ochre Card (Working with Children) or NDIS Screening check or proof of application.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email@example.com or phone 08 8982 5222.