About the role
An exciting new opportunity has come available to join ARRCS Katherine Home Care as our Home, Grounds and Maintenance Officer. This role offers working hours of 8.00am-3.00pm, Monday - Friday and will see you travelling to our clients’ homes providing general gardening, maintenance, and repair services as delegated on their individual care plan.
As the successful candidate, you will preferably come from a trade background and have a certificate qualification. Most importantly, you will enjoy working independently and travel to our elderly clients’ homes to provide support and services for them. You will be a proactive worker with self-motivation and strong customer service skills and respect when entering people’s homes.
A work vehicle will be provided to be utilised for work purposes only and all required tools.
Benefits of working for ARRCS
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- Salary Packaging through CBB
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, we will be looking at the following experience and qualifications:
- Preferred however, not essential prior trade experience and trade qualification.
- Prior experience working a manual labour, gardening, maintenance role.
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Comfortable to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work, at times under pressure with tight timeframes.
- Proactive work ethic with strong problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable travelling as part of the role.
- Comfortable and respectful when working directly with our elderly clients.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles is the key to the success of our Consumer Centered Service Delivery.
Before applying, please review the following mandatory requirements:
- Provision current resume demonstrating the required experience.
- Currently hold or ability to lodge a National Police Check, dated within 3 months of commencement.
- Provide evidence of current year Influenza Vaccination.
- A current NDIS Workers Screening Check or proof of application.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures. So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity in a safe and confidential manner or to advise us of how we could adjust our recruitment process to meet your accessibility needs please contact our People and Culture Team on 8982 5222 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org