About the role
An exciting new opportunity has come available to join ARRCS. This full-time role will see you providing Administrative support to the Maintenance and Facilities team within ARRCS. Tasks will include however, not limited to coordinating maintenance requests from facilities, support the coordination of ARRCS asset registered, work with and communicate with external contractors and maintain and when required train in the use of ARRCS Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have worked previously in a supportive role within a blue collar, maintenance or trade industries and have an understanding of building terminology. You will be able to demonstrate previous administrative experience and have advanced computer skills. You will be highly organised, be self-motivated, have excellent communication and engagement skills and be comfortable to work at time with minimal supervision.
Prior experience working within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred however, not essential.
Benefits of working for ARRCS
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- Salary Packaging through CBB.
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform.
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support.
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, we will be looking at the following experience and qualifications:
- Proficient using CMMS or other asset management or procurement systems.
- Clear and concise writing skills, for report writing, minute taking and developing presentations.
- Receptive to feedback with a drive for continuous personal development.
- Great time-management skills and an ability to prioritise your workload.
- Advanced skills using MS Office and Database applications.
- Excellent communication skills â both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and work, at times under pressure with tight timeframes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles is the key to the success of our Consumer Centered Service Delivery.
Before applying, please review the following mandatory requirements:
Please note, these requirements are not needed at time of application. If successful, these are mandatory to achieve prior to commencement.
- Currently hold or ability to lodge a National Police Check, dated within 3 months of commencement.
- Provide evidence of current year Influenza Vaccination.
- A current NDIS Workers Screening Check or proof of application.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures. So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity in a safe and confidential manner or to advise us of how we could adjust our recruitment process to meet your accessibility needs please contact our People and Culture Team on 8982 5222 or email via email@example.com