About the role
ARRCS are currently recruiting multiple newly developed specialist roles including:
- Nurse Specialist - Palliative Care
- Nurse Specialist - Infection Prevention and,
- Nurse Specialist - Diabetes and Education
These roles will be based out of our Regional Head Office in Tiwi with each of these positions to be recruited on a 0.2 FTE (1 day per week). This role will see you providing clinical leadership, advise, and support to our facilities across the Northern Territory.
This role would ideally suit a skilled Registered Nurse who has specialised in one or more of the above required fields. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. ARRCS are able to be supportive and flexible on hours and days to complete this role as expect to be in connection with additional employment.
Benefits of working for us
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD.
- Salary Packaging through CBB (Approx. an additional $200 extra per fortnight in your bank!)
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience
To be considered for this role, we will be looking at the following experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in providing speciality nursing care in the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise extended autonomy in clinical decision-making capabilities and leadership in the development of nursing specialty practice advancement.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication using information technology, written and verbal means and sound interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of evidence-based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person-centered care at an extended role level with a commitment to quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of care.
- Willingness and ability to deliver accredited or evidenced based training in specialist to ARRCS workforce and support the development/review of ARRCs policy documents and resources to assist the workforce in sustaining practice.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development, a commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills with a willingness to apply and share professional expertise as a resource person and mentor others within the specialty.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Our people are at the centre of our organisation and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles is the key to the success of our Consumer Centered Service Delivery.
Before applying, you need to have the following
All ARRCS employees are required to have the following. These are not required at time of application, however, must be lodged and or received prior to commencement.
- A current resume demonstrating the required experience and 2 x references
- A National Police Check dated within the last 3 months (Apply now via nationalcrimecheck.com.au or your preferred site)
- Current Influenza Vaccination and COVID -19 Vaccination including boosters.
- A current Ochre Card (Working with Children) or NDIS Screening check or proof of application.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact our Talent Acquisition team via email@example.com or phone 08 8982 5222.