About the role
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Personal Care Worker to join our Home Care Team in Alice Springs on a Full-Time basis working on a rotating roster of 38 hours per week.
Your role as Personal Care Worker will see you providing care and support within the consumers home environment, undertaking cleaning, bed making, personal care including grooming, showering, mobility and assisting with meals. ARRCS also run a day care program where visitors come to interact with others and participate in set activities. You may also be required to assist with social support, taking consumers to appointments and shopping.
This role would ideally suit a candidate who is able to commit to full-time hours. You will be able to demonstrate prior experience in a similar role with preference to Home Care, however, not essential - You will have flexibility in your rostering requirements and most importantly enjoy providing care and companionship to our clients.
You will hold a NT drivers licence and a reliable and fully-insured vehicle.
Benefits of working for us:
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Darwin, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave + 17.5% Leave Loading.
- Annual pay increases in accordance with our current enterprise agreement.
- Salary Packaging through CBB
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience:
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Care, Disability or Home and Community Care.
- Completion of the medical competency subject in your Cert qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the activities of daily living in a Community or Home Care setting.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role.
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Before applying you need to have these things:
- You must have or willing to obtain a National Police Check within the last 3 months.
- Provide evidence of current year Influenza Vaccination.
- NDIS Workers Screening Check
- First Aid Certificate (Or proof of enrolment)
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
For more information on this role, please refer to the attached position description (where applicable) or contact the Talent Acquisition team via 08 8982 5222 or email@example.com