About the role
We have new opportunities for experienced Personal Care Worker’s to join our Pulkapulkka Kari Flexible Aged Care facility located in Tennant Creek, NT. These roles would suit individuals who are flexible on their availability and allocated shifts.
Your role as a Personal Care Worker will see you working under the guidance and direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager and providing person-centered care to our residents in our facilities. Support includes cleaning, bed making, personal care including grooming, support in meals and delivery, medication (pending qualification’s) and ad hoc support as guided by the Clinical Care Manager.
This opportunity will suit a committed person who has care and compassion and enjoys interacting with our aged care residents. As the ideal candidate, you will be caring and bring your heart and soul to everything you do, ensuring Consumer Choice is front of mind and understanding that you will interact in a meaningful way to assist those within our care.
Benefits of working for us:
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Darwin, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD:
- Annual pay increase inline with our current Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary Packaging through CBB
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Attractive penalty driven rates above Aged Care Award.
- Access to in house Clinical Education team who support you in developing your skills.
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support
Skills & experience:
To be considered for this role, you must submit a resume identifying the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Care, Disability or Home and Community Care.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the activities of daily living in an aged care, residential, home care or disability care setting.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent computer skills for record keeping and use of internal processes and systems.
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment.
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions related to the role.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Home (Community) Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory from Darwin to Docker River with our purpose is to genuinely connect with the communities we serve, and enable our clients with agency, pride and dignity.
Before applying you need to have these things:
- You must have or willing to lodge a National Police Check within 3 months of commencement (if successful).
- Provide Evidence of Influenza Vaccination.
- NDIS Workers Screening Check.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!