About the role
ARRCS Terrace Gardens Aged Care facility are seeking qualified and experienced Personal Care Workers to fulfill a variety of employment opportunities including casual, part-time and full-time hours. Based in Darwin, NT. These roles attract a salary of $33.50 - $34.99 / hour dependent on skills and experience.
Your role as a Personal Care Worker will see you providing care and support within the facility undertaking personal care including grooming, showering, and dressing, mobility and assistance with meals in accordance to the residents care plans.
These roles suit committed people who have care and compassion and enjoy interacting with our residents within our facilities. As the ideal candidate, you will bring previous experience in an aged care or disability support role. You will be able to work with minimal supervision, however, have the professionalism to report or provide support with senior nursing staff when required. You will provide a strong work ethic whilst being able to ensure that the care and wellbeing of our residents are kept to the highest standards.
Benefits of working with ARRCS:
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD. Employee benefits include:
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave + 17.5% Leave Loading.
- An annual pay increase in accordance with our current Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary Packaging through CBB.
- Access to 70,000 Training and Development Courses through our Learning Platform.
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, we would require you to demonstrate the following:
- Certificate III or higher in Aged Care, Disability or Individual Care.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with the activities of daily living in an Aged Care setting.
- Demonstrated effective and clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage and work within a culturally diverse team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to undertake a range of manual handling functions relevant to the role.
- Proof of or willing to obtain the following mandatory requirements:
- NDIS Workers Screening
- National Police Check (dated within 3 months)
- Proof of 2023 Flu Vaccination
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014. ARRCS operate residential aged care facilities and community care support programs within communities across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Docker River.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland â the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care â Also, part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia’s leading residential and community aged care providers.
With over 750 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner, and our team members live our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together and Leading through Learning.
For more information, please refer to the attached Position Description or please contact recruitment via email@example.com or phone 08 8982 5222.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.