Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider who deliver services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs throughout the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways in delivering care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives.
About the role
ARRCS are currently sourcing qualified Registered Nurses (RN) to join ARRCS Casual Pool. ARRCS Casual pool is a group of skilled Nurses who are happy to work on a casual ad hoc basis. Your employment will cover all our facilities (pending your preference) and our community care (home care) department which includes the following:
- Juninga Centre and Terrace Gardens Aged Care, Darwin
- Rocky Ridge Nursing Home and Katherine Hostel, Katherine
- Pulkapulkka Kari Aged Care, Tennant Creek
- Mutitjulu-nya Flexible Aged Care, Mutitjulu (Uluru)
- Tjilpi Pampaku Ngura Aged Care, Docker River
- Flynn Lodge, Old Timers Village and Hetti Perkins home for the aged, Alice Springs
You will be contacted when shifts are required to confirm your availability. Shifts can range from 1 day to up to 8 weeks dependent on the facilities need and your availability.
This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking at locum style employment and, who enjoys working and supporting aged care in both urban and remote locations. You will have a firm yet caring nature and be a hands-on person who is always willing to jump in and support the team when required.
Skills and experience
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor of Nursing or similar qualification.
- Appropriate working rights for Australia.
- Ability to liaise with a care team and to provide coordinated care.
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of resident centred and residential based care services delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) â desirable however, not essential.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural care team.
- Knowledge of policy review and implementation for clinical governance
- Experienced in effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including intermediate computer skills as well as skills in automated technology
- Must have a current Flu Vaccination, Immunisation History, National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing.
Benefits and perks
As an ARRCS employee, you play an important and rewarding role in helping vulnerable people to live life in all its fullness, every day. As ARRCS are a Not for Profit Organisation, we also have a host of employee benefits including:
- CBB Salary Packaging available, please click here for more information
- 1.5% pay increase every 6 months for the life of the current enterprise agreement.
- Unlimited training library, with free and 24/7 access to over 70,000 self-paced courses.
- Wellness & Employee Support Services.
In addition, this role provides you with the opportunity to work and live in remote Northern Territory and experience delivering care to First Nation Australians.
If you would like more information on this role, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8982 5204.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.