About the role
ARRCS are currently sourcing a qualified and experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join them on a flexible option of permanent part-time (with a fixed roster) or full-time basis. This role is at a base hourly rate of $42.30 - $44.43+ per hour â Dependent on skills and experience.
Based in Darwin, this role will see you using evidence based best practice as you deliver person-centred nursing care to our clients who continue to reside in their own homes.
You will regularly travel to client’s residence to provide care. In addition, as a qualified member of the team, you will assist management in providing clinical and team leadership when required and support for less experienced personal care workers to achieve people focused quality care in line with the ARRCS mission.
This role will ideally suit an experienced Registered Nurse who enjoys working autonomously with minimal supervision. You will enjoy having a regular client base and enjoy interacting with them and their families within their own residence. You will be comfortable travelling as part of your role across the Greater Darwin region and also have intermediate computer knowledge for record documentation whilst ‘on the road’.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, ARRCS will be looking for the following skills and qualifications:
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor of Nursing or similar qualification.
- Full working rights for Australia.
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice.
- Prior experience working as a Registered Nurse, with preference within a Home or Community Care setting (however, not essential).
- Experienced in effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including intermediate computer skills.
- Preferably prior nursing or support worker experience within an aged care setting and familiarity of Aged Care legislation.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider who deliver services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs throughout the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways in delivering care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives.
Benefits and perks
As an ARRCS employee, you play an important and rewarding role in helping vulnerable people to live life in all its fullness, every day. As ARRCS are a Not-for-Profit Organisation, we also have a host of employee benefits including:
- Above award, penalty driven hourly rates.
- CBB Salary Packaging available, please click here for more information
- Unlimited training library, with free and 24/7 access to over 70,000 self-paced courses.
- Wellness & Employee Support Services.
- 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata for the life of the contract).
- In-house Clinical Education team supporting ongoing training and professional development.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in!
ARRCS is committed to engagement with people of all ages, from varying backgrounds, cultures and nationalities and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with lived experience of disability, people from CALD and the LGBTQI+ communities to submit their applications.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact our Talent Acquisition team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8982 5222.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.