Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider who deliver services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs throughout the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways in delivering care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives.
About the role
ARRCS are currently sourcing a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to support the team and residents at Rocky Ridge Aged Care facility based in Katherine, NT on a permanent full-time basis. Using evidence based best practice, you will deliver person-centred nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team.
You will work across a rotating fortnightly roster which includes both day and night shifts and provide clinical and team leadership, supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and support workers to achieve people focused quality care in line with the ARRCS mission.
At Rocky Ridge, there are 25 permanent beds, plus two respite beds and a memory support unit. We embrace all cultures and work to support the spiritual and emotional wellbeing of all our residents with respect to their individual beliefs.
This role is ideally suited to someone who enjoys working and supporting aged care in remote locations. You will have a firm yet caring nature and be a hands-on person who is always willing to jump in and support the team when required. The staff at Hetti Perkins are family orientated and work collaboratively.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, we would require you to have the following:
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor of Nursing or similar qualification.
- Appropriate working rights for Australia.
- Ability to liaise with a care team and to provide coordinated care.
- Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice.
- Ability and willingness to relocate to Katherine, NT
- Demonstrated understanding of resident centred and residential based care services delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) â desirable however, not essential.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural care team.
- Knowledge of policy review and implementation for clinical governance
- Experienced in effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including intermediate computer skills as well as skills in automated technology
- Must have a current Flu Vaccination, COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters, , National Police Check, First Aid Certificate, OCHRE card or NDIS Screening and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing with ARRCS.
Benefits and perks
As an ARRCS employee, you play an important and rewarding role in helping vulnerable people to live life in all its fullness, every day. As ARRCS are a Not for Profit Organisation, we also have a host of employee benefits including:
- CBB Salary Packaging available, which can provide appropriately an additional $400+ in your fortnightly wage/
- Annual pay increases in accordance with our Enterprise Agreement.
- Relocation support of up to $5K.
- Employment under our Enterprise agreement offering allowances and higher duty payments when applicable.
- Unlimited training library, with free and 24/7 access to over 70,000 self-paced courses
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Annual location allowance (excluding Darwin and Alice Springs based roles)
In addition, this role provides you with the opportunity to work and live in the Northern Territory!
If you would like more information on this role, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact recruitment via email@example.com or phone 08 8982 5222.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.