About the role
A new opportunity has come available for an experienced Senior Maintenance Officer to join the team at Old Timers Village in Alice Springs, NT.
This role will see you working in a hands-on position whilst leading a small team. You will be responsible for overseeing the preventative maintenance programs whilst working closely with our external contracts to ensure buildings, grounds and equipment are maintained and safe.
This opportunity will suite a person who is proactive and leads by example. You will ideally have leadership experience with a small team of trade or maintenance staff. You will be able to commit to full-time hours and comfortable working within an Aged Care facility. You will have a solid understanding of maintenance programs, maintaining a large facility and WHS with the use of grounds and maintenance equipment.
This permanent full-time position Monday - Friday.
Skills & experience:
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a trade/building maintenance role.
- Previous experience in a leadership or management role.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Competent in the use of hand/power tools and light machinery.
- Sound understanding of A/C, plumbing, electrical & fire systems.
- Ability to reflect on own performance and seek guidance when required.
Benefits of working for us:
ARRCS is the largest Aged Care Provider in the NT - your career can take you all over the NT including Darwin, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine or if you relocate interstate ARRCS are a pathway to Uniting Care QLD:
- Annual pay rise in accordance to our Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary Packaging benefits supported through CBB.
- Benestar Employee Wellbeing & Emotional Support.
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that provide services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs in the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways to care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives. ARRCS provides regional care and support to people and their communities throughout the Northern Territory.
Before applying please make note of the following requirements if successful;
- Provide evidence of Influenza Vaccination, or willingness to obtain.
- NDIS Workers Screening or a current Ochre Card (Working with Children)
- First Aid Certificate (Or proof of enrolment)
- Ability (If successful) to secure a National Police Check or existing check on file dated within 3 months.
Our staff and volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable members of the local community, who are committed to providing personalised care and support. More than a service provider, we understand that we are an important part of the regional and remote communities we work in and acknowledge our responsibility to ensure our people are connected to those communities, people and cultures.
So why not join our team today to benefit the local community that you work in
For more information on this role, please refer to the attached position description or, contact our Talent Acquisition team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8982 5222.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.