Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is not-for-profit aged care and community service provider who deliver services including Residential Care, Community Care, School Nutrition and Early Learning Childhood programs throughout the Northern Territory.
Our Vision is passionately pursuing new ways in delivering care where people and communities flourish and lead meaningful lives.
About the role
ARRCS are currently sourcing Aged Care Volunteers to join our team. ARRCS Volunteers are an essential part of the work force to assist in the reduction of senior Australian’s social isolation and loneliness and provides a range on non-clinical social support to our residents. We are open to all levels of volunteer time commitment and work with you in allowing you to provide support when you can.
We are currently actively recruiting volunteers for our two Darwin properties, Juninga Centre located in Coconut Grove and Terrace Gardens Aged Care Facility located in Palmerston.
We have two volunteer options available, one specific with our Dementia and Delirium Program, specific to Terrace Gardens, this program is working with our Dementia residents and supporting them on specific activities to help them live with this diagnosis.
We also have general volunteers opportunities which will include activities, companionship activities such as reading and arts and crafts, or, general administrative or cleaning tasks. These roles are available at both Juninga Aged Care and Terrace Gardens Aged Care.
This role is ideally suited to someone who enjoys working and interacting with the elderly and people with disabilities. You will have a positive and caring nature and be a hands-on person who is always willing to jump in and support the team when required.
For more information on our volunteer program, please refer to the attached Position Description.
Skills and experience
To be an ARRCS Volunteer, we will be looking at people who have a positive and kind attitude towards others and are able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate a caring and respectful nature towards others.
- A genuine wish to work with the aged and disabled in supporting their wellbeing and community engagement.
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled either in a similar volunteer capacity, through employment or for personal reasons preferred, however, is not essential.
- Ability (within reason) to commit to a regular roster, meeting your own personal commitments.
- Current hold or willing to obtain the following mandatory requirements:
- National Police Check dated within 3 months of commencement.
- NT Working with Children card.
- NDIS Worker Screening.
- 2022 Flu vaccination.
- COVID-19 vaccination including mandatory boosters.
If you would like more information on this role, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact our Talent Acquisition team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8982 5222.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.